- Michigan’s Top Ten Most Haunted Cities 2015
- 13 tips for making your house a scary stop for Halloween
- That Time I asked Bush about UFOs
- The Louisiana Leviathan
- The Case of The Voodoo Shotgun
- Orbs from Outer Space! A dusty history of strangeness.
- A Bottle of Spirits: Space Traveling Ghosts Caught!
- Your Future, For Pennies! Old Tyme Psychic Ads
John Keel is regarded by many as a pioneer in the field of Fortean studies. He popularized, and indeed may have created, the terms “Men In Black” and “Ultraterrestrials” but Keel is most well-known as the main researcher and investigator of the Mothman experiences. He wrote a number of books including The Mothman Prophecies, Disneyland of the Gods, Our Haunted Planet and Jadoo. He challenged the commonly held belief that flying Saucers, cryptozoology and hauntings were unique and separate experiences. In an interview Keel stated that,”The objects and apparitions do not necessarily originate on another planet and may not even exist as permanent constructions of matter. It is more likely that we see what we want to see and interpret such visions according to our contemporary beliefs.”
Without Keel the “paranormal community” would be lacking in much of its insight and humor.
Here for you enjoyment is a lecture by John Keel recorded during a UFO convention in 1966.
John Keel, UFO Convention 1966