In the field of what is commonly called “paranormal research” there seem to be at least 3 major groups of individuals.
Here is a quick checklist to see where you, another individual or group, fall into place.
- Usually perform on-site investigations at different locations approx. 3 times a month.
- Very often will post evidence within a week of an investigation
- Are likely to investigate locations where 100’s of other people go to investigate
- Are easily startled, scared, run and/or scream and do so in a private/public forum
- Will often state publicly their wish that paranormal phenomena was an accepted science
- Very often shows off all the “equipment” they use
- Will usually state that they know where paranormal phenomena happens
- Will perform investigations wearing clothing that display ghosts, spooky fonts and other “scary” things on them
- Usually have a ton of merchandise to sell people
- Likely to perform on-site investigations after thoroughly researching the location and all encompassing information
- May post evidence only after extensive peer-review
- Often investigates private/public locations with little to no public mention of the investigation itself
- Are not easily startled or scared, not likely to run and/or scream and would never do so in public
- Usually treats the research of paranormal phenomena as if it were an accepted science
- Probably does not show off all the “equipment” they use
- Will be very able to change their ideas
- Usually have data-sets and a large amount of paperwork
- Mostly performs on-site investigations on Television, Radio, or via the Internet
- Shows “evidence” mostly on TV, Radio, or via the Internet during their investigation
- Often investigates at events with groups of people
- Usually investigates locations where 100’s of other people go to investigate
- Acts easily startled. Will act scared, run and/or scream and do so in a public/private forum
- Will often state publicly that Paranormal phenomena is not an accepted science but also state that they wish it was taken more seriously
- Will show off all the “equipment” they use
- Usually state that they know where paranormal phenomena happens
- Have a large amount of merchandise to sell people
So, where do you fit in? You can also mix and match from the 3 lists to find yourself.